Try to reset the printer. remove the cartridges before starting these steps.
1. Press the Power button and the Cancel button at the same time and release them. The display will show ‘Enter Special Key Combo’.
2. Now press the Blue(Scan), Green(Color Copy) and Grey(Black Copy) buttons one after the other. The display will show ‘Support ‘
3. Press the Blue button 2 times. Display will show ‘Reset Menu’. Now Press OK. If the display still shows Reset Menu after pressing OK, then press the Green button.
4. Press the Grey button. Display should show ‘Semi-Full Reset’. Now Press OKGreen button. The printer will shut off.
5. Turn on the printer, and then select your Language and Country. Reinsert the cartridges once you do this. If you still get the same message, then open the HP Solution Center program on your PC, and check the Ink level gauge or the Status of the printer. It should tell you which print cartridge has the problem. Replace that cartridge. If it works, then call HP so that they can replace the faulty cartridge for you.
Begin with the printer ON and the incompatible cartridges IN.
1. Press X power at the same time
2. Press BLUE, GREEN, GRAY
3. press BLUE until you see “INFORMATION MENU”
4. press OK
5. Press Blue until you see “CHECKSUM FOR RELOCK DATA INPUT”
7. Press X until you exit all menius
8. If/when promted for aliement cancel it with X. It should bypass the error